My last post introduced what I'm trying to do with FUELS - fueling my body with food, unloading, exercise, liquids, and sleep. I realized I was missing the specificity of behaviors I need to make this successful. That being said, here are my goals for FUELS.
Every day I will:
1. Food: Never "flood my engine" by eating when already full
2. Unload: Get my work email to less than one screen (weekend/vacation: unclutter and/or disconnect)
3. Exercise: Do something to make my body stronger (walk, bike, play with kids, resistance, etc.)
4. Liquids: Drink half my body weight in ounces of water (ex. 180 lb. person would drink 90 oz.)
5. Sleep: Go to be a minimum of seven hours before my wake up time
That's it. Five goals, totally doable, that when done daily I believe will make a big difference.